Costume In Theatre Association is now
Costume In Theatre, Entertainment & Arts
2021 is finally here and with it CITA becomes CiTEA. What a year 2020 turned out to be! We at CiTEA like to look back on the year and think about our “TA DA” list (like a To Do list in reverse celebrating our achievements)
* We conducted a survey with the Creative Industries Federation, the results of which were passed to the DCMS and helped with the campaign to support freelance costume workers during the Covid pandemic.
* We joined AAPTLE: The Alliance of Associations in Theatre & Live Events.
* We created and published the Covid Safe Guidelines for Costume Workers and alongside the ABTT we presented a industry webinar to help support costume workers as they return to work.
* We kicked off the Yellow Book Project working towards better working practices for costume and wardrobe staff.
* We took seats on the ABTT technical standards and safety committees so costume workers have a voice in the room.
* We hosted lock down coffee break and happy hour zooms to help keep costume workers connected.
*We presented our first free event with the Arts Council on how to apply for a DYCP grant.
* We created the student and graduate branch of CiTEA.
* We formed links to Arts Inc, Stage Sight & PiPA and we look forward to working with them more closely in 2021.
* We joined a ‘sustainability in costume’ working group and have made a commitment to work to raise awareness in how costuming can be more sustainable.
We would love to see your TA DA List: Post on social media using the #TADACiTEA and tag us so we can celebrate you!